Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Paleo Diet Day 1



I am 140 pounds at 5 feet tall. Am I obese? No I’m not. But I am overweight. Being overweight is not as extreme but it still hinders my life greatly. I don’t like that my closet is full of old baggyclothes because I have to wear the same weekly outfits since that is all that fits me right now. I don’t want to spend money and go shopping because I will have to settle for clothes that I don’t like and that are probably not very fashion forward for my age, so that sucks the fun out of that. I am a 24 year old mother to a 1 and a half year old. I can't blame it on the baby weight alone because that’s not what it is. I gained too much weight while pregnant because that was something I allowed myself to do. I have to do something about it. At this point its my weight, not baby weight anymore. So here I go back on Paleo diet.

Why the paleo diet? A little background; I was petite my whole life until my senior year of high school. I developed horrific eating habits and became very sedentary after my school activities were over. I reached 140 pounds at age 20 years old resulting in a 40 pound weight gain in just 3 years. I lost the weight by age 21 by hard core portion control and regular exercise. Now that I am a mom I cant do it the way I did a few years ago because my lifestyle is not free like it used to be. I cant work out all the time, I have a childs schedule to follow and I cant make it through my day hungry and grumpy. I would not be the best mom I can be if I do it that way. The Paleo diet is very low carb which is hard but I know is effective. This is actually not my first time attempting the paleo diet. August 2012 I had reached 155lbs and felt I had to do something severe. I did and one month later I got down to 140. The reason I stopped was because I got hit with a bad cold, then the holidays hit and have really put a wrench in the process. So here I go again and I hope I can go all the way to my goal weight of 115!

My first weight loss in 2009 I had the support of my friends at my Cosmetology Academy. I never realized how essential a support team is because dieting as a stay at home mom is extremely challenging. No accountability... So please feel free to message me or comment and say yo Jackie, whats the deal with your diet?! I know at the end of the day its my will power but a cheerleader never hurt anything ;)...

This was me at 155lbs in July 2012, right before Paleo attempt 1. (10 months post partum) :(

This is me now at 140. (18 months post partum) Ive been able to maintain but ready to go the 
25lb weight loss! :)


God says to treat your body like a temple. I want to do that because I know it not only glorifies him but because he knows what he is talking about. The healthier you are the happier a person you can be so you can enjoy all of lifes blessings that he has to offer. Christianity + Paleo is controversial but I know who I am and I am strong in  my faith where I can balance it out. Thanks for reading! I will try to post a weekly progress.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! If you ever have any questions, remember that I have clients everyday that are going through very similar situations. Never hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete