Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My regular day to day Paleo foods

I am someone who needs a routine to keep me grounded and consistent. I thought I would share my typical paleo diet day in case someone needs some inspiration.

Breakfast: (simple and fast)
3 strips turkey bacon
2 fried eggs in coconut oil

This not only keeps me full for hours and hours, but its super fast and easy to make with a toddler demanding breakfast and snacks and Mickey Mouse and diaper changes. You get the point...

Lunch: (easy filling salad)
Pre-chopped lettuce -I like the bags at Trader Joes
Avocado
Chicken - I like the canned chicken at Costco for its easiness
Sunflower seeds
Little olive oil

Snack ideas:
Roasted seaweed snacks
Brazil Nuts (easy on these though)

Mid day Smoothie (I usually make it around 3pm)
1 cup almond milk
1 cup blueberries
1 banana
2 tbsp chocolate hemp protein powder
1 tsp kelp powder (for minerals)

Dinner:
A meat serving (we eat a lot of lean chicken on almost a daily basis)
Brocolli sauteed in olive oil with garlic and onions

Dessert:
In a blender pour about 2 ounces almond milk
a 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
a 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
Add in about a 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Blend until chunky but kind of creamy
Pour in a dish, cover with *paleo granola, drizzle honey and shredded coconut



*There are so many paleo granola recipes online, pick whichever sounds the best to you :). I found this one online and I love it. I didnt add the coconut shreds, just sliced almonds, brazil nuts and sunflower seeds.
http://carrotsncake.com/2013/01/my-paleo-granola-recipe.html
Hope this all helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment